Wednesday, December 1, 2010

We have so much to be thankful for this Holiday Season!


Our time with family was so good; we miss them a lot. Even though we were far from our family--Holly traveled home for Thanksgiving--we had such a relaxing time with each other and with friends. Scott and Christa Dysart invited us to their house for Thanksgiving supper; Dorie was just thrilled spend time with her friend Edward. Our friends Jeremy, Danielle, and their two girls spent all of Saturday here playing games. Nothing makes me feel like the holidays more than a whole day of board games!

I love putting out the nativity! I've had mine since I was fourteen or so. My parents also gave Dorie a toy nativity last year. She loves playing with the sheep, the wise men, and baby Jesus.


This picture is so dear to me because when I was Dorie's age I used to sit on the back of my mom's sewing chair. I'm not much of a sewing girl at all, but maybe Dorie will be, if she takes after her Grandma!

2 comments:

  1. I love this last picture. How well I remember you hanging over my shoulder watching me sew. Good times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hopped over here from your mom's post. It was fun looking back to catch up on your alls lives. That little Dorie & James are so precious. What lovely times you have had with family visiting. --Aunt Julia

    ReplyDelete