Wednesday, March 13, 2013

It was a very good year...-QM

 I recently celebrated a birthday, my 30th, in fact. The day before, March 8th, I got a package in the mail, a really heavy package with one corner rather beaten up. I could see some birthday wrapping paper poking through, but I waited a day. Inside was a lovely assortment of 3 shirts, orange tic-tacs, jelly bellys :), and a pile of cards. I took my time reading them, just like I'm taking my time with those jelly bellys (May I recommend the fruit salad recipe!). Everytime I sat down to read them, I got up with tears in my eyes; what a perfect gift to hear from my dear friends across the ocean! Thank you. You are loved.
Just what I wanted! I'm now a force to be reckoned with in the kitchen--you can pray I dont chop a finger, because I go pretty fast with that knife! Of course I curl the tips of my fingers in, like the kitchen staff taught me in China.
A week ago we explored another corner of Kuching, a small jogging park only 10 minutes or so from our house. A family of about 15 monkeys roams free there, right in the middle of the city, and we never knew about it before!

Looking for monkeys---and yes, my heart just aches with happiness when I look at this picture! I'm so blessed.




2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post, Queena! I am so glad that the package made it, and that you can treasure these special times with your family. I love that you take intentional time to help the kids explore and enjoy God's creation. The picture of Ethan and the kids is so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your joy. :) Miss you!

    ReplyDelete